I stumbled across a post by a fellow blogger Bluchickenninja where she gives her readers some advise about how to read more, and it got me thinking. Since I started this blog I’ve tried to read more and more books in a shorter amount of time. Because, by starting a blog one commit to write about a certain subject and upload blog posts regularily.
It comes with some sort commitment or responsibility towards your audience, at least that’s how I feel about it. Thus, to be able to blog about something you must create some sort of content, in my case, my content is based on books and reading which requires me to read more books faster to be able to write something about it.
I’m amazed by people who are able to read several books a week (how do you do it?!) and still manage to keep up with everything else, school, work etc. However, I’m not one of those people and not everyone is and that’s okay. I consider myself a slow reader, thus I’ve had to consider other means of creating content.
Here’s what I’ve leart about filling the the empty space between book Reviews:
- Google, yes, as simple as that. If you don’t feel creative let others lend you a hand.
- Use books as inspiration! Write a letter to the dead, rewrite the ending of your favourite book and so one.
- Write about your thoughts about reading, books, writing, authors etc.
- Make lists like this one or of your favourite quotes, authors, bookmarks, covers etc.
- DIY, who doesn’t like to read about and see what you can do with books or how to make book related accessories and such?
- Read other blogs and let them inspire you.
- Make time for your writing, you can’t get away from that one.
- Buy a notebook, and write down your thoughts and ideas about your content.
- Don’t put too much preassure on yourself. It’s not a competition and it’s okay to take a break and have a off week (month, year), we all have them.
- Have fun and be silly! The world is too serious anyway, or be serious and critiqe things, it’s your blog, do what you like and like what you do.
Personally, I use Google a lot for inspiration as well as other peoples blogs.
If you have any advice yourself, feel free to comment or tweet me, I love hearing from you!